To effectively train, implement, and communicate project management methodologies across the organization ensuring accuracy, consistency, and thoroughness. Project Managers are responsible for the planning, procurement and execution of a project. Projects are time bound with a distinct start and end point. Different from the Project Manager II, the Senior Project Manager is a leadership role, has a higher level of education/experience, more autonomy, exercises independent judgment, and provides coaching and guidance to less experienced project managers. Leads project management for cross-functional strategic and operational projects and may directly supervise project roles. Provides day-to-day management of reporting including research, business and financial analysis, problem solving, issue tracking, and resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works directly with leadership team to develop effective, high quality projects and programs of moderate to high complexity with a major impact to department and the organization.
- Manages and provides supervisory support for projects and programs involving
departmental and external stakeholders.
- Utilizes improvement and project management expertise to ensure projects are successfully executed start to finish in a way that meets business needs.
- Oversees the tracking of tasks, timelines, and resources necessary to meet department
objectives and keeps projects within cost, scope, schedule, and resource requirements.
- Identifies and manages project deliverables, project dependencies, project communication, and critical path identification for all assigned projects.
- Identifies and manages project risks and issues on individual projects.
- Conducts key performance and improvement initiatives within and outside of PHC.
- Develops and utilizes standard formats for routine correspondence and maintains a
prioritized list of projects.
- Utilizes online collaboration and project management software, as required.
- Communicates with key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM HIRING CRITERIA
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management,
Computer Science or related field; at least five (5)years of relevant
project management experience required. In lieu of a degree, a
minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience to include a minimum
of five (5) years project management experience will be considered.
Experience managing multiple complex projects with teams of 10 or
more. Experience in health plan environment preferred.
Special Skills,Licenses and Certifications
Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong organization skills
to work on multiple projects simultaneously within established time
frames. Decision-making, problem solving, critical thinking, and
listening skills required. Project Management Professional (PMP) or
LSS Greenbelt certification required. Valid California driver’s license
and proof of current automobile insurance compliant with PHC policy
are required to operate a vehicle and travel for company business.
Performance Based Competencies
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain courtesy
and composure when dealing with internal and external customers.
Ability to function effectively with frequent interruptions and direction
from multiple team members.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
More than 50% of work time is spent using a desktop computer. When
necessary, the ability to lift, carry, or move manuals and reports,
weighing up to 25 lbs.
All HealthPlan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the HealthPlan’s policies and procedures, as they may from time to time be
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational
factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are
representative only and not exhaustive or definitive of the tasks that an employee may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at
any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or
conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.
Partnership HealthPlan of CA
Redding or Eureka, CA
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time