INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
(Hospital Quality Assurance RN)
Natividad is seeking a permanent full-time Risk Manager (Hospital Quality Assurance RN). Under the direction of the Quality Administrator, the Risk Manager assists in the design, implementation and oversight of the risk management and patient safety program at Natividad. This individual will be responsible for directing process improvements that support the reduction of risk, medical errors and other factors that contribute to adverse patient outcomes. He/she coordinates systems necessary for identification, evaluation, monitoring, reduction and/or elimination of patient harm and professional/general liability risk exposures. The Risk Manager works collaboratively with patients, families, staff, physicians and hospital leadership to promote optimization of quality patient outcomes and hospital goals in a high reliability environment.
Requires a valid California Registered Nurse license or ability to obtain a CA RN License prior to employment. A BSN and a CPHRM Certificate (Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management) are highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of:
• Risk management practices, including investigations and implementation of action plans among other risk reduction strategies
• Creating an organization-wide culture of safety through embracing a blame free environment, modeling an inclusive and collaborative style
• Acute care practices, patient safety principles and evidence-based resources that incorporate best practice patient safety methodologies
• National Patient Safety Goals, ECRI and OSHA standards
• Process Improvement tools, including meeting management, data collection/analysis, trending, report/letter writing, targeted education and presentation skills
• Investigating occurrence reports, soliciting leadership involvement, team building, assisting with learning activities
• Conducting a thorough and credible analysis to ascertain proximal causes of adverse events or near misses
• Managing patient grievances to protect patient rights, identify opportunities for improvement and reduce potential exposure
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at http://www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time