Regional Chief Quality Officer - Northern California
Santa Rosa, California
The Chief Quality Officer (CQO) - Northern California serves as a key senior executive, and provides leadership and coordinates region-wide efforts directed at delivering cost effective, efficient, high quality, and safe care in Northern California. The position reports to the Regional Chief Medical Officer – Northern California. The CQO will provide strategic clinical leadership and form a strong linkage between ministry clinical and operational leadership. In collaboration with the Chief Clinical Effectiveness Officer (CCEO), the CQO provides leadership and direction in the development and ongoing monitoring of the Providence St. Joseph Health Quality Strategic Plan (QSP).
The Chief Quality Officer, will serve as the hands-on leader and clinical quality expert for the Northern California Region. This executive will also be expected to make meaningful contributions to quality and safety initiatives for the entire Region. In addition, the executive will be a resource for current and emerging regulatory and compliance issues for all local, and regional organizations.
• Clinical leader (MD, RN, DO) with an advanced degree. A master’s degree in public health, business administration, medical management, or a related field would be preferred.
• A minimum of seven years of experience clinical leadership.
• A minimum of five years of senior management experience in a large health care organization with responsibility for leading clinical quality improvement functions.
• Experience as a clinical leader with responsibility for clinical quality and clinical leadership development and education.
• Experience in a complex, multi-site health system.
• Experience with The Joint Commission accreditation and DNV processes and standards.
• Licensed to practice (nursing or medicine) in the State of California.
• Certified Professional in Health Quality (CPHQ) certification preferred.
The people of St. Joseph Health have worked for 53 years to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters and continued through the St. Joseph Health Ministry of extending the healing ministry of Jesus to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County entities aligned with St. Joseph Health include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center, as well as the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network. We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
When applying online, please reference job number R315853.
St. Joseph Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Joseph Health
Santa Rosa, CA
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time