QUALITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Monthly Salary Range: $9,445 - $11,480
Contra Costa County Health Services currently has an excellent employment opportunity for a full-time Health Services Quality Management Program Coordinator position, which will be assigned primarily to the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center located in Martinez, CA. The quality department consists of a group of dynamic dedicated individuals focused on improving quality of care, patient safety and regulatory compliance in the acute care and ambulatory settings. We collaborate with multiple disciplines to design, monitor and improve processes. Our staff are truly collaborative and respectful.
Why Join Contra Costa County Health Services?
Contra Costa County is home to more than one million residents and was one of the original 27 counties established in California in 1850. Comprised of 19 cities and many established communities in the unincorporated area, it is the ninth most populous county in the state.
Contra Costa is one of the few counties in the nation to offer a full spectrum of health-related services that cover health at every level: the individual, the family and the community. In addition to the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and various Health Clinics, the Health Services department is composed of several other divisions, including Behavioral Health, Contra Costa Health Plan, Emergency Medical Services, Environmental Health, Hazardous Materials, Homeless Housing and Health, and Public Health. As a public health system, we are dedicated to improving the health and wellness of all residents in our communities.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is proactive, taking initiative while staying focused on goals
• Has strong organizational skills and is results driven – you’ll need to juggle several projects and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Is able to manage stress well and remain calm under pressure
• Has innovative ideas and explores different solutions
• Is reliable and able to work independently, but also has the ability to build strong working relationships with others
What you will typically be responsible for:
• Participating in policy and procedure development and implementation
• Identifying, interpreting, communicating and monitoring compliance to the quality-of-care mandates by the federal and state government, and other health care monitoring and accrediting organizations
• Collecting and analyzing data to evaluate program functions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Serving as a critical link in the identification and resolution of quality-of-care issues affecting patient satisfaction
• Providing education and technical support in developing, implementing and maintaining quality improvement activities
A few reasons why you might love this job:
• You will work with a highly dedicated and diverse team of professionals who value the service of others
• You will contribute to a dynamic organization that embraces creativity, learning and mutual support
• There is ample room and opportunity for career growth
A few challenges you might face in this job:
• You will work in a fast-paced environment providing support for team members who provide direct services to populations experiencing complex needs
• You must find balance between supporting team members while staying focused and organized with your workload
Education: Possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in nursing, behavioral science, business administration, public health, health care administration or a closely related field.
Experience: Two years performing quality measurement or quality improvement activities in a health care or managed care setting or community mental health system.
Substitution: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the above noted fields plus two years of additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the Master’s degree.
Closing Date: June 10, 2022
To read the complete job descriptions and apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/jobs/3523648/quality-management-program-coordinator?page=7&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs or our Careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contra Costa County Health Services
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time