*There is one (1) open position that can be filled in either Scotts Valley or Merced.
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Quality Improvement (QI) Director, you will manage and lead the planning, implementation, and management of Alliance quality and performance improvement initiatives to improve performance for community clinics and providers. You will develop and utilize techniques such as practice coaching, academic detailing, and learning collaboratives to engage clinics in addressing priority health concerns. In addition, you will assure that QI Department activities meet operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness through goal planning and leadership to produce positive outcomes.
This is one of three Managers that report to the QI Director. You will oversee a team and work collaboratively with your peer QI Managers in managing, planning and organizing the overall activities of the Department.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This position is in the QI Department, which is responsible for ensuring the quality and effectiveness of care provided to our members. We manage and measure comprehensive preventive healthcare strategies to promote evidence-based practices and improve member health outcomes. Our team is collaborative, dedicated, and fun. We work hard, promote learning and encourage each other’s strengths in a professional and supportive work environment. We are passionate and committed to improving the lives of our members and communities we serve!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
• Be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, brimming with collaboration and excited to help build out this program
• Have the ability to make decisions and move work forward without getting stuck in their own head
• Be excited by the challenge and reward of building rapport and engagement in our initiatives
• Understand that their work impacts the health outcomes for our members and satisfaction of our providers
• Foster teamwork in a positive, flexible and innovative style
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
• Performance improvement, process improvement and quality improvement principles, methodologies, best practices and tools
• Project management methodologies and tools and the principles and practices of program management
• Principles and practices of supervision and training
• Demonstrate a collaborative leadership style, working in an interdisciplinary team
• Identify root causes of issues and recommending concrete solutions that increase capability
• Evaluate systems and processes by identifying measures or indicators of performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance
• Develop materials, conduct training and use appropriate methods when developing instructional materials
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing, Business Administration, Organizational Development or a related field
• Five (5) years of professional level performance improvement/quality improvement experience which included a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a managed care environment and some lead or supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Ample Paid Time Off
• 11 Paid Holidays per year
• 401(a) Retirement Plan
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Robust Health and Wellness Program
• Fresh Fruit Delivery
• EV Charging Stations
• And many more!
For a complete position description and to apply online, please visit our careers website at http://www.ccah-alliance.org/careers.html
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Central California Alliance for Health
Scotts Valley, CA
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time