16jun(jun 16)8:00 am18(jun 18)1:00 pmFeatured2021 Healthcare Quality Overview and Certification Workshop June 16th, 17th & 18th
2021 Healthcare Quality Overview and Certification Workshop June 16th, 17th & 18th (Online) Offered by JB Quality Solutions, Inc. and CAHQ Course Materials: The Janet A. Brown
2021 Healthcare Quality Overview and Certification Workshop
June 16th, 17th & 18th (Online)
Offered by JB Quality Solutions, Inc. and CAHQ
Course Materials: The Janet A. Brown Healthcare Quality Handbook (30th Edition)
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop will be conducted via Zoom, so please be sure to download the latest version to your device. Additional instructions (including the meeting invitation) will be sent prior to the start of each session. You will need to be logged into your personal Zoom account to join the meeting (basic Zoom accounts are free).
NOTE: Space for this workshop is limited – REGISTRATION CLOSES JUNE 9th.
SUSAN MELLOTT, PH.D., RN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
Susan Mellott is well known in the field of healthcare quality as a consultant and educator. Dr. Mellott has authored numerous publications and is a nationally-recognized speaker. Susan is a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) and is also a Fellow of the National Association for Healthcare Quality. She currently serves on the Advisory Panel of the Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) and Preventable Adverse Events (PAE) under the Texas Department of State Health Services. She is also a DNV Accreditation surveyor. Dr. Mellott has extensive experience with the survey process, especially with The Joint Commission standards and surveys. Dr. Mellott has focused on healthcare quality in multiple settings, including hospitals, long term care centers, home health settings, clinics, and networks. She has experience in decreasing costs, improving patient / customer satisfaction and quality, while involving teams from the facility, including physicians and administrative staff. Dr. Mellott also addresses groups around the country regarding performance and quality improvement in healthcare.
This three-day intensive didactic Workshop…
provides current, principle-based information for healthcare quality professionals seeking an integrated overview of the field, preparing for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Examination, or desiring continuing education.
Covers up-to-date field information and key CPHQ Exam Content Outline topic areas in a focused walk through The Healthcare Quality Handbook, the required text, including discussion of many Study Questions.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals responsible for quality management and/or organizational improvement across the healthcare delivery continuum, as well as physicians, patient safety and compliance officers, utilization/care/case management professionals, risk management professionals, medical staff management professionals, health information management professionals, and all healthcare professionals with a passion for quality.
- Identify the core elements of current healthcare quality knowledge necessary to become an expert for your organization.
- Fit the core elements into a cohesive whole within the umbrella of healthcare quality.
- Apply healthcare quality principles and processes to your experience and work setting.
- Relate the core elements and their applications to appropriate areas of the CPHQ Certification Exam Content Outline.
- Identify which core elements and content areas require additional study prior to taking the Exam.
This program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP03370, for 15 contact hours and by the National Association for Healthcare Quality for CPHQs for 12.5 contact hours. Certificates of Attendance may be submitted for continuing education for all associations accepting healthcare quality content.
Healthcare Quality Overview
- CPHQ Certification Exam Information
- Quality Concepts, Movements, and Terminology
- Structure, Process, Process Variation, and Outcome
- Systems Thinking, the Customer, and the Healthcare Organization Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Insurance, Managed Care, and Reimbursement
Quality Functions Management
- The Quality Strategy: Planning, Building Effective Structure & Process, Implementation
- Utilization/Resource Management: Components, Effectiveness
- Care Coordination, Case and Population Management, and Patient/Member Advocacy
- Risk Management: liability, Loss Prevention & Reduction, Early Warning Systems
- Patent Safety Management: Culture, Medical Error, Goals, Program, Technology
- Financial Management: Budgeting, Cost Analysis, the Financial Side of Quality
Performance Improvement Processes
- Design, Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement Processes
- Organizationwide Pl Approaches/Models
- Performance Measurement: Measure Selection, Systems, Out-comes, Reporting
- Clinical PI, Organizationwide Processes, Infection Prevention and Control
- Patient Safety Analysis and Risk Reduction: RCA, FMEA, RRTs
- Benchmarking and Best Practice
- Practitioner Credentialing, Privileging, Profiling, and Peer Review
- Patient/Member Advocacy and Feedback Processes
- Communication, Reporting, and Evaluation of the PI Function and Performance
- Leadership Concepts and Commitment to Quality
- The Organization: Infrastructure, Ethics, Functions
- Strategic and Quality Planning, Strategic Initiatives, the Strategy-Focused Organization
- IM Concepts, Resources, Legal Aspects, and Documentation Management
- Epidemiological Theory/Methods and SPC Components
- Sampling and Data Collection
- Basic Statistics, Display, Analysis, Interpretation, and Reporting
- QI Process Tools
- Computerized Data Systems
- Empowerment, Decision Making, Problem Solving, and Change Management
- Team Coordination and Organization Communication
- QM/Pl Orientation, Training, Education, and Performance
Accreditation, Licensure, Certification, & Awards
- Concepts and Comparisons
- Survey Readiness
- Survey Process Training and Coordination
- TJC, NCQA, JCI, ISO 9000, Baldrige, EFQM, Magnet
Schedule: Course presentation 8:00 a.m- 12:30 p.m. daily. Virtual office hours 12:30p.m. – 1:00pm daily.
Disclaimer and Note: Attending the Workshop does not guarantee that you will pass the CPHQ Examination. The only Exam information available to the author/presenter is the same Content Outline provided in the CPHQ Candidate Handbook
Recording: Individual recording of the Workshop is not permitted. Other requirements will be communicated prior to the start of the workshop.
CPHQ Examination: For information, CLICK HERE to visit the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ). PLEASE NOTE: NAHQ is no longer affiliated with the California Association for Healthcare Quality (CAHQ).
CAHQ reserves the right to substitute faculty or rearrange the program due to unforeseen circumstances.
16 (Wednesday) 8:00 am - 18 (Friday) 1:00 pm
CAHQBo.Blount.CAHQ@hotmail.com 5632 Van Nuys Blvd. #1326, Sherman Oaks, CA 91401