At Kaiser Permanente, our focus on total health allows us to work as one. As one team driven by talented, passionate health care professionals. One community focused on making healthy choices. One organization using the latest innovations and most advanced care to serve 12.5 million people across the country. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in each member’s mind, body, and spirit, join us at the heart of health care.
Harbor City, California
In this role, you will develop, implement, and direct the comprehensive quality programs for Kaiser Foundation Hospital/Health Plan Service Area. You may have oversight over one or more of the following: quality assessment and improvement, patient safety, risk management, professional staff services, or accreditation, regulatory, and licensing. In addition, you will work with the medical center leadership team to ensure that the programs effectively measures, assesses, and continuously improves the quality of care and service provided.
• At least five years of experience in quality improvement in a health care setting
• At least three years of management experience
• A bachelor’s degree
• A California RN license
• Experience designing, developing, and implementing physician peer review
• Demonstrated knowledge of governmental accreditation and other regulatory standards, requirements, and guidelines, related to quality performance
• Strong working knowledge of ongoing monitoring processes (including criteria development and statistical analysis); medical care delivery in hospital and outpatient settings; performance improvement principles, tools, and techniques
• Effective communication, negotiation, and leadership skills
• The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Clinical nursing experience preferred
• Total Quality Management certification or Certified Professional of Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred
• A bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Health Care related field or business administration preferred
• A master’s degree preferred in nursing or health care related field or business administration
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1001494.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
Harbor City, California
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time