Director - Quality/Patient Safety Officer
Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Health is a not-for-profit hospital seeking a Director - Quality/Patient Safety Officer. Please visit careers.eisenhowerhealth.org to learn more information and apply.
The Director must meet the following qualifications:
- Education: Masters degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field (required)
- Licensure/Certification: For Registered Nurses - California RN License, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) (required); For Pharmacists - California license, Lean Six Sigma or other PI model certification (preferred)
- Experience: Minimum five years working in healthcare Quality Improvement or related field (required)
The Director's responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and taking action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and reporting suspected violations
- Developing and achieving departmental goals and objectives. Establishing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Coordinating care, treatment and services among the hospital system’s different programs, service sites, and departments and physicians and integrating services within.
- Collaborating across clinical and operational areas in maintaining emergency management procedures.
- Providing for a sufficient number and mix of qualified and competent staff to support safe, quality care, treatment and services. Determining qualifications, competence levels and standards of performance.
- Selecting, training/orienting, directing, coaching, evaluating effectiveness and competence of staff either directly or through subordinate supervisor to promote safety and quality.
- Designing work processes and changing existing processes to focus individuals on safety, quality, and improving performance of the hospital system and involving staff and patients in the process.
- Providing for equipment, supplies, resources and space needed to support the safety and quality of care, treatment and services. Participating in selecting outside sources for needed services.
- Ensuring compliance with recommendations and requirements from external agencies such as accreditation, certification/licensing and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring that staff consistently provides safe and high quality patient care and/or other support services that are valued by patients, physicians and each other.
- Achieving a high level of employee, patient and physician engagement/satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficiency, productivity and sufficient financial resources, including adequate reserves, to meet all current and projected financial requirements.
- Role modeling the organization’s mission, vision, values and True North. Complying with and ensuring hospital-wide Supporting Commitments are adhered to.
Eisenhower is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
About Eisenhower Health:
Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Health is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Health, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2017-2018, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #16 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive five star stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (2017-2018).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Health has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Health has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
In 2017-2018, U.S. News recognized Eisenhower Health as one of the High Performing Hospitals in these specific areas: Geriatrics, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Aortic Valve Surgery, Chronic Obstructive, Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Lung Cancer Surgery. Eisenhower Health is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Health has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley. We also cultivate an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2016-2017).
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit careers.eisenhowerhealth.org.
Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time