CHIEF QUALITY OFFICER
Contra Costa Health Services is looking for a seasoned, dynamic and results driven individual to serve in the capacity of Chief Quality Officer. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of an organization that strives to improve the health and wellbeing of all residents of Contra Costa County, this may be the right opportunity for you! With responsibility for the overall operations of the Safety and Performance Improvement program, you will play a vital role in the organization’s continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that our patients continually receive quality care.
The Health Services Department employs over 4,700 individuals and serves the residents of Contra Costa County by providing critical services and safety net care through divisions that include the County Hospital (CCRMC) and Ambulatory Clinics; Environmental Health; Hazardous Materials Programs; Behavioral Health; Emergency Medical Services; Public Health; Health, Housing and Homeless Services; and the Contra Costa Health Plan.
• Develops, implements and evaluates the organization’s continuous quality improvement initiatives and activities.
• Develops goals and objectives for the division.
• Establishes continuous and accountable processes for measuring and improving the quality and appropriateness of patient care services.
• Ensures a safe patient environment and adherence to safety practices.
• Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with organization-wide divisions and members of the medical staff to ensure open communication and the sharing of information.
• Serves as the quality liaison between the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, Health Centers and the Contra Costa Health Plan.
The Successful Candidate:
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of complex health care systems; the ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external customers; excellent writing and oral presentation skills; strong leadership skills; and the ability to respond to sensitive matters appropriately, quickly and succinctly.
Education: Possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration or a health related field.
Experience: Four years of full-time experience in an administrative capacity in a health care system with at least two years of experience performing duties related to continuous quality improvement.
Substitution: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration or a health related field and two additional years of qualifying experience may substitute for the Master's degree.
To read the complete job description and apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/jobs/3219546/chief-quality-officer-exempt?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs or our Careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contra Costa Health Services
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time