RN Quality Management Specialist
Providence Health & Services
Los Angeles, CA
Providence is calling a RN Quality Management Specialist ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Facey Quality Management location in Los Angeles, CA.
In this role you will:
• Assure quality patient care standards are met throughout the organization and to identify those instances in which there is a breach in those standards requiring system or policy changes.
• Systematically and objectively monitor, evaluate, and document the quality and appropriateness of healthcare. Report all findings to the Quality Management Manager and Quality Assurance Medical Director and appropriate administrative staff.
• Monitor clinical performance for improvement and investigate problems identified concerning the organization. Track and trend grievances, appeals and quality issues.
• Assure compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards including performing site audits within the organization and contracted Health Delivery Organizations.
• Identify any potential liabilities resulting from patient complaints and/or care rendered. Receive and document patient grievances and appeals.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current California RN license.
• Minimum three to five years experience of clinical nursing in a medical setting with strong emphasis on surgical nursing or specialty area.
• Experience in developing educational programs and procedures required.
• Knowledge of Title XXII, NCQA, AAAHC requirements and standards, CDC and infection control standards, building codes, fire department safety standards, OSHA requirements (Title VIII).
• Must possess excellent teaching skills including presentation.
• Experience with HMOs and health plans highly recommended.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing or Education.
• Minimum two years of ambulatory care experience.
• Quality Assurance/Risk Management experience desirable.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago. Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/index.html
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 147942.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.