RISK MANAGER (Hospital Quality Assurance RN)
There’s a bright future waiting for you on California’s beautiful Central Coast
California’s breathtaking natural attractions are not the only stars on the Central Coast. Equally impressive are the top-trained professionals at Natividad, a 172-bed teaching hospital with a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. When you bring your career to Natividad, you'll join a facility that is affiliated with the University of California San Francisco with the area's only Life-Flight helicopter service and Trauma Center, as well as one of the County’s first Community Level III NICUs.
(Hospital Quality Assurance RN)
Natividad is seeking a permanent full-time Risk Manager (Hospital Quality Assurance RN). Under the direction of the Quality Administrator, the Risk Manager assists in the design, implementation and oversight of the risk management and patient safety program at Natividad. This individual will be responsible for directing process improvements that support the reduction of risk, medical errors and other factors that contribute to adverse patient outcomes. He/she coordinates systems necessary for identification, evaluation, monitoring, reduction and/or elimination of patient harm and professional/general liability risk exposures. The Risk Manager works collaboratively with patients, families, staff, physicians and hospital leadership to promote optimization of quality patient outcomes and hospital goals in a high reliability environment.
Requires a valid California Registered Nurse license or ability to obtain a CA RN License prior to employment. A BSN and a CPHRM Certificate (Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management) are highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of:
- Risk management practices, including investigations and implementation of action plans among other risk reduction strategies
- Creating an organization-wide culture of safety through embracing a blame free environment, modeling an inclusive and collaborative style
- Acute care practices, patient safety principles and evidence-based resources that incorporate best practice patient safety methodologies
- National Patient Safety Goals, ECRI and OSHA standards
- Process Improvement tools, including meeting management, data collection/analysis, trending, report/letter writing, targeted education and presentation skills
- Investigating occurrence reports, soliciting leadership involvement, team building, assisting with learning activities
- Conducting a thorough and credible analysis to ascertain proximal causes of adverse events or near misses
- Managing patient grievances to protect patient rights, identify opportunities for improvement and reduce potential exposure
Priority Screening Date: Monday, August 27, 2018 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Applications will be reviewed as needed until the position is filled.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at http://www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V