2014 CAHQ Spring Conference
“Leading Change and Maneuvering Through the Challenging Times in Health Care in the Reduction of Harm”
Director of Advanced Analytics - Henry Ford health System, Detroit, MI
In 2011, Don Berwick, former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, appointed Jack as Deputy Director, Partnership for Patients, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, Department of Health and Human Services, Baltimore, MD
Over the last two years Jack’s appointment was as a member of the senior leadership team managing a 500 million dollar federal program with 29 contracts to engage support and impact patient safety across the nation to reduce medical harm.
- Lead patient safety subject matter expert for Partnership for Patients program advising 26 programs that engage 3700 hospitals in the United States
- Leading day-to-day operations of contract management to support Partnership for Patients program to reduce preventable hospital acquired conditions by 40 percent and all cause readmissions by 20 percent across entire American healthcare system
Participants will learn:
- Realistic strategies to maintain focus on patient safety in challenging economic situations
- Tools to maintain focus on patients and results;
- How to align multiple efforts to maximize benefits to patients with a positive impact on the bottom line.
NOTE: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP03370 for 8.0 contact hours. This program has been submitted to the National Association for Healthcare Quality for 6.7 continuing education hours for CPHQ recertification.
Register Online Now !
(Space is limited)